What Is Alternative Health Care?
Alternative medicine is an umbrella notion used for different healing practices which have the effects of medicine. Alternative medical systems include acupuncture, chiropractic, osteopathy, naturopathy, homeopathy; as well as traditional medicine practices such as: Ayurveda, shamanism, faith healing and other.
Does It Really Work?
Alternative medicine is perceived by its users to have healing effects, however, it is not an established science since evidence have not been gathered in a scientific method to show its effects on the patients. Since effects of alternative medicine have not been scientifically proven it is often criticized by scientists and researchers often being labeled as quackery and accused of deceiving its patients.
The United States government has spent $2.5 billion dollars on testing alternative medicine, and yet it has not shown greater effects on its users than placebo drugs. Therefore alternative medicine has not yet earned the status of being a recognized form of treatment for many medical conditions.
The effectiveness of alternative medicine is researched however scientific proofs of its effectiveness are rarely found. The majority of research done on the effectiveness of alternative treatments has been funded from variety of public and private sources and different governments; however, the results so far have not established alternative medicine as a successful treatment for medical conditions.
Some general physicians offer their patients complementary medicine. This results in a treatment which covers mind-body therapy as well as drug and non-drug therapy and tries to find a solution to your problem in various ways.
Alternative medicine is often criticized due to the fact that some treatment might cause psychological effects and make patients believe that they have been healed, when in fact they have been not been healed. This placebo effect in patients have been a hurdle which is not easily overcome by patients and the subjective feeling of being healed by alternative medicine has only damaged its reputation as a serious medical treatment and continues to put it on the side of quackery skills and reduce its credibility as a true medical practice in scientific circles.
Should You Try Alternative Medicine?
A lot of people in search for cure and treatment turn to alternative medicine, especially if traditional medicine has left them disappointed and without an answer. Ultimately, trying different treatments cannot hurt you and when you suffer from an illness getting better is what matters the most. Some people may try alternative medicine before trying traditional medicine in fear that drugs which traditional medicine offers might only damage their overall health. The problems arise when people refuse traditional medicine in search for cure within the range of alternative medicine only. Therefore it is important to remember, there is no such thing as alternative or traditional medicine, only the one that works and the one that doesn’t, and as a patient you should just find the one that does – it is just that simple.
What Is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine which might be considered as an alternative when it comes to treating some conditions. It relies on the belief that a disease can be cured with the substance which provokes it if distributed to the patient in small doses.
What Is Diabetes?
Diabetes belongs to a group of metabolic diseases and it is diagnosed with patients who example a high blood sugar levels over a prolonged period. If you are experiencing frequent urination, increased hunger and increased thirst over a period of time you might consider visiting a GP and seeing if you are suffering from diabetes.
What If I Don’t Treat It?
If, however, you choose to leave your diabetes untreated keep in mind it can cause many health complications such as diabetic ketoacidosis and nonketotic hyperosmolar coma, as well as serious long term complications such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, chronic kidney failure, foot ulcers and eye damage.
How To Treat Diabetes With Homeopathy
Diabetic conditions make the blood glucose level high and homeopathic treatments can improve health of diabetic patients effectively and in time result in control over blood sugar levels.
Treating diabetes can be achieved by taking uranium nitrate which will reduce or relieve diabetic symptoms such as: dryness of the skin and mouth and frequent urination. Treating diabetes with uranium nitrate will still leave other symptoms such as increased appetite and thirst, as well as the fatigue which is often experienced by the diabetic patients. However it does give good results, you will just have to consult with your homeopathic doctor and make a treatment that will suit your body.
Using phosphorus is another way of treating diabetes with homeopathic cures. It is beneficial if you have a pancreatic disorder along with diabetes. It will relieve diabetes symptoms such as dryness of the mouth and frequent urination. Phosphorous will also relieve the thirsty feeling and the chances of developing diabetic gangrene.
Lactic acid is an effective treatment for diabetes and it successfully treats symptoms such as frequent urination, abundant urination, thirst, nausea and frequent hunger. Also, lactic acid will reduce the feeling of dryness in mouth in diabetic patients and help with chronic pain and skin dryness. A homeopathic doctor will prescribe you the treatment with lactic acid and carbolic acid to help alleviate your diabetic symptoms. Some kinds of gastro-hepatic diabetes followed with stomach pain are cured in this way successfully.
Even though homeopathic cures might help you or even alleviate your symptoms altogether, you should still be open to other forms of treatment and maybe even consider traditional medications which will help you with your medical condition. Remember, be it traditional medicine or alternative health care it is important that you keep an open mind when finding a cure for your disease, and in the end the most important thing is that you do find a cure.
Sometimes even modern medicine fails to find an answer or cure for your condition. These situations make the patient take alternative methods into consideration. Alternative healing methods sometimes seem silly but many cases they are precisely the ones that can make you cure your condition in a more gentle and natural way than taking strong medications. Some people believe that natural ways of healing are better and less dangerous for your overall health, and while it is advisable to listen to your GP sometimes it doesn’t hurt if you try with natural remedies, too.
Finding a Cure for Anxiety
Anxiety is a condition which affects many people and makes their lives difficult. Stressing all the time in the end affects your overall health too. Curing anxiety is possible with natural remedies. There are many natural cures and calming techniques to help you deal with your anxiety and lessen it over time.
Your Cup of Tea
If you are suffering from anxiety or you experience insomnia or you are simply feeling worn out by the stress in your life, you should try to treat these conditions and situations with some of the following herbs and tea which can be made from them.
- Chamomile Tea
A warm cup of chamomile tea will calm you down if you are experiencing an anxiety attack. It is known that chamomile activates same brain receptors as Valium.
This tranquilizing herb can be found in beer, but it is also often used as a sedative to promote sleep along with the herb valerian. Sedative herbs should not be used together with classic medicine, and you should let your doctor know about the supplements you are taking.
While the smell of valerian tea might not appeal to you, it is a potent sedative. It is a sleep aid and it calms the nerves. For those who cannot stand the smell of valerian tea, you can also get it in capsules over the counter.
- Green Tea
L-theanine which is found in green tea reduces anxiety and helps calm heartbeats and lower blood pressure. If you want to reach the concentration of Japanese Buddhist monks which are said to meditate for hours, try drinking a couple of cups of green tea each day.
- Lemon Balm
This herb has been used as a means of tranquilizing those with anxiety since the middle ages. It is generally safe, however large amounts of lemon balm can in fact make you even more anxious.
Lavender tea will help you reduce anxiety and calm down. Some studies have shown that it is as effective as certain prescription drugs when it comes to treating people with anxiety.
Passionflower is often used for insomnia, but since it is a sedative it can help you with calming down. It should not be taken for longer than a month and it certainly should not be taken with prescription sedatives.Read More
If the shape or look of your nose is causing you a great deal of anxiety or discomfort, then you may want to undergo a rhinoplasty or nose job surgery, and it’s important that you find the right, qualified surgeon to perform your surgery. It is, therefore, worth spending some time finding the best specialist in town.
Rhinoplasty Surgeons In Sydney
Looking at online listings, you will find numerous surgeons in Sydney offering rhinoplasty services. However don’t book the first surgeon you come across. You need to use these tips to find a trustworthy and highly qualified surgeon to perform the perfect nose job for you.
- Firstly, remember that only a few surgeons are truly honest and clear about their specialty. As nose job surgery is a delicate procedure which has to be performed by a surgeon who has undergone extensive training, a regular surgeon will not be sufficiently skilled to perform the operation. So make sure that find out all you can about your surgeon’s qualifications and experience.
- While checking your surgeon’s credentials, check and find out if he is certified in either otoralygology or plastic surgery. Your surgeon should have a thorough understanding of everything related to the surgical procedure.
- If you find that your chosen surgeon performs ENT surgeries, you still need to check if he performs rhinoplasty surgery on a routine basis. This is important as this surgery requires specific skills over and above the general ENT surgeon requirements.
- The ideal surgeon is one who has performed a large number of nose job surgeries each year, preferably over a hundred. Moreover, the surgeon you choose should have been performing rhinoplasty procedures for at least 5 years.
- The surgeon should also be experienced in the most advanced rhinoplasty techniques, such as open rhinoplasty. Remember that the cost of these more advanced surgical procedures will be higher, so the surgeon you choose should be highly qualified and proficient in the surgery you require.
- Take a look at the surgeon’s collection of photos of past patients. Surgeons usually maintain both “before and after” photos of all their patients in a file, or upload them to their website, for prospective patients to take a look. You can get an idea of the potential results after the surgery by looking at the photos, and decide if the surgeon is professional and tidy enough to perform your surgery for you.
- If required, you can ask your rhinoplasty surgeon to give you a simulated photo of the results of your procedure. He does this by taking your photograph, analysing it and then giving you a graphical representation of the forecasted results. Many surgeons today use specially created software to give you a simulated result.
- Qualified surgeons are those who take time to perform their procedure. While they should complete lots of cases a year, they should not accommodate too many people in a single day. They will not be able to do their best surgery if they have too many cases and patients to handle on any chosen day.
- The chosen surgeon should tell you about the risks of rhinoplasty surgery and the possible complications. Your doctor should be honest about the procedure and clearly describe all the risks you face. You will then be able to make an informed decision about whether to undergo the procedure or not.
- Don’t forget to compare nasal surgery prices. You may want to hire a surgeon who offers affordable services, but remember to keep their experience in mind as the most experienced surgeons will normally charge more. It’s worth paying a bit more for an experienced surgeon who gives better results than a cheaper and inexperienced surgeon. You only have one nose!
Book An Appointment
Once you have narrowed down your options, you need to have consultations with your surgeon to discuss and clear any doubts and queries you may have about the surgery. Just trust your instincts while looking for the right and qualified rhinoplasty surgeon in Sydney.
If you think the surgeon is qualified and experienced enough for the job, ensure that you maintain good communication with him or her, as this helps build trust and goodwill in the relationship between surgeon and patient.